Thursday, December 15, 2011

Crazy December!


It's been a while and I'm sorry to all of you who have been needing the latest updates from our family.Soooo.... without further ado... THE UPDATE!

Craig has gone back to school and he's got 24 credits left! He'll be finishing by April 2013 for sure! "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!" We're really excited for that day! While Craig's been busy at work and school, he still finds time for his church calling and family. He's really amazing! He's the ward mission leader and he's been working on a "forty day fast" for our ward. We're going to pass along a scroll to each participating family, after they fast for a day they pass the scroll onto the next family for forty days. Hopefully we'll have a nice list of referrals to give to the missionaries when that is over.

The kids are growing so fast! Hannah is already 8 months old. She's going to be taller than little Elizabeth in no time at all, of course her mother and father are pretty tall themselves. It's in the genes I guess! Hannah is crawling and eating anything she can get in her mouth. She likes to blow raspberries and sing a lot. She's a happy baby! It's so fun to dress her up and I can even give her a small pony tail (she doesn't like that too much).

Hyrum is turning out to be just as crazy as his mom and dad (once again, it's in the genes)! He loves to run (especially without his clothes-we try to keep that from happening), jump from scary heights (we try to keep that from happening too), and dance. And occasionally he'll sing along with his mother if he isn't yelling "QUIET" at me. He's become a master at cleaning up and he started praying out loud this week! His prayers consist of "Heavny Fader... bess dad... food...Heavny Fader.... dad.... Heavny Fader..... Amen! It's pretty cute.

I've been doing a few things here and there.... actually I've kind of overloaded myself with everything this month. I just finished performing at the SCERA in their "Home for the Holidays" show. I choreographed a dance to "You're a mean one Mr. Grinch" and I of course made myself the Grinch. Then I choreographed and performed a dance to "Breath of Heaven". It was a good show, some of my voice students performed in it too. My voice lessons are going really well too. I'm about to get 9 students (and I think I'll stop there). I made a blog for them so I can elaborate on vocal techniques and update them on any audition opportunities. It's pretty cool. I called it emilysentertainers.blogspot.com. They have their first recital tomorrow and I'm really excited. We'll all pack in my house and have hot coca while the students perform. Then I've got a dance recital that I'll be in too. I joined a ladies dance class in Spanish Fork and it's just like being on a dance team in high school. We bought costumes and we're even going to a competition. I love it. I'm really getting to know a lot of people in Spanish. This is a great place to live. Well, I think that's everything.... oh yeah, I started taking piano lessons again too!

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to having a break and going home for Christmas! We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Emily! Way to stay busy! All the things you are involved in sound like so much fun. Sorry we missed out on the Scera performance- had a lot of craziness going on in December. Keep us posted on upcoming performances. Glad you have found a way to stay in the groove! Seriously, I think it is so good to continue doing the things you love to do, even after marriage & kids.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete